Saturday, August 8, 2009

Top Songs of 1990: #19: "Release Me" by Wilson Phillips

So continuing on with covering the top 20 Billboard Hits of 1990.

#19 is Wilson Phillips, "Release Me." This pop song is actually written not by professional songwriters, but by Chynna Phillips, and Wendy and Carnie Wilson.

I didn't know that Wilson Phillips weren't really cool. I still really liked them. I liked the harmonies. I remember I had a huge poster of them on my wall and a friend came over and said "you like them?" And all of a sudden realized they were NOT cool! But I didn't care.

My cousin Cecily and I choreographed two dances to Wilson Phillips songs--I still think of us outside, working on our routine. Hilarious.

Note: this video cuts off at 3 minutes. Sorry about that.


4 comments:

  1. "I didn't know that Wilson Phillips weren't really cool". hahahaha That's the best kind of fandom!

    These are all so great, Siobhan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i didn't!! i remember my friend was like--"eew you have wilson phillips on your wall?" i thought everybody did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally thought of your post when this song came on while I was in CVS yesterday morning.

    And yes, I sang the harmony in the card aisle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love singing harmony in the card aisle!! awesome!

    ReplyDelete