Monday, August 10, 2009

Top Songs of 1990: #17: "Close To You" by Maxi Priest

Okay, the number 17 song of 1990, according to the Billboard charts, is "Close to You" by the artist Maxi Priest. The song is actually written by Max Elliot (is that Maxi Priest's real name?not sure), Winston Sela and Gary Benson. [ Okay, I just looked up Max Elliot and that indeed is Maxi Priest's real name.]

This is a three-chord song. There isn't bridge. I think maybe because of that, it sort of just goes on and on for me. Maybe that's the point.

Never knew the lyrics 'til I learned them today. The lady he is singing about sounds a little cuckoo! Get ahold of yourself, lady!

As is the case when I learn a new song, I do gain a new appreciation of it. I don't remember liking this song when it was out in 1990, but learning it today, I kind of got into the groove of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment