Friday, August 14, 2009

Top Songs of 1990: #15: "Escapade" by Janet Jackson

Today is the #15 song of 1990, "Escapade" by Janet Jackson, Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis.

I make no bones about it---I LOVE the album "Rhythm Nation". I'm sorry, but there are a lot of great songs on this album. "Love Will Never Do Without You","Black Cat", "Miss You Much", "Rhythm Nation", "Alright"--I mean, it is a LOT of singles! Just was looking online at what type of critical reviews it got and the result seems to be overwhelmingly positive. Four stars Rolling stone

I love Janet during this stage. She really seemed to be finding her own thang. I also love her whole look for the first singles that were released--she had like these kind of military jackets, and boots and I still think it looks pretty cool. And such great videos!

I tried to slow this song down a bit. Really explore the idea of wanting to get away ("let's get away") rather than the "es-ca-ca-ca-pade" part.


No comments:

Post a Comment