Thursday, August 6, 2009

Top Songs of 1990: #20: "Don't Know Much (But I know I Love You)" by Linda Rondstadt and Aaron Neville

I did a Christmas song a day in Advent and really liked having to learn a piece of music on a daily basis. So I am now going to do covers of all 20 top songs in any given year. Starting with 1990. Because in 1990, I listened to the Top 40 every weekend, so I know all of these songs (or am at least familiary with them).

Lyrics by Cynthia Weil and Music by Tom Snow and Barry Mann

This song had some crazy suspended chords. Little tough to play!

I remember this song was morely on 93.3 which was the adult contemporary station. Every once in a while it made it's way onto 92 Pro FM and I remember being a little bored by it. At the time, I found it too adult for my tastes. I guess I have a new appreciation now that I am a. older b. learning how to play it. The bridge makes the song for me. I also now can relate to the lines, "Look at this life / Still don't know where I"m going". When I was a kid, I might not have related to that line!

More info, please see www.siobhanomalley.com

3 comments: