Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Top Songs of 1990: #16: "All I Want To Do Is Make Love To You" by Heart

My project continues on here...I am on song #16 of 1990. Counting down the top 20 songs from Billboard in the year 1990. #16 is "All I Want To Do Is Make Love To You". Now, every other day, I've done my own cover of the song. Today, I just performed to the song, via Grover's body.

For some reason, I just have a hard time taking this song seriously. I think that is why I just couldn't cover it myself. So I asked if Ben would be Grover's acting partner in the scene. He obliged (Thank you, Ben!).

I remember the painfully literal video. My parents got cable for the first time in 1990 and I remember being obsessed and fascinated with MTV. And this video was on all. the. time. A man was "standing by the road" with "no coat". And then we see them driving for a while, just like the lyrics state.

I didn't know that this song is written by influential producer "Mutt" Lange. I found this quote from Ann Wilson from Heart regarding the song: "Actually we had sworn off it because it kind of stood for everything we wanted to get away from. It was a song by "Mutt" Lange, who we liked, and it was originally written for Don Henley there was a lot of pressure on us to do the song at the time."

Despite all that, you can't deny the power of the Wilson sisters' voices. I mean, just soooo much power.
This video is in two parts....Part 1 is on your left and Part 2 is on your right (below).

1 comment:

  1. There are so many small bits that I love here I cant even begin to count them. I am laughing out loud. Ben is killing me!!

    ReplyDelete