Sunday, May 30, 2010

Top Songs of 1991: #18: "I Adore Mi Amor" by Color Me Badd



CMB.

Yeah, that's a household acronym. You're down with CMB, yeah, you know me!

Color Me Badd had a bunch of hits off their first albums (conveniently titled "CMB").
The band was discovered by Kool and the Gang, so maybe they have a little cred.

Before I get to the song, I find this video hilarious and fascinating and UTTERLY CONFUSING. The CMB guys are walking along a beach. And then they find a treasure chest. With pictures of the band in it. They hang these pictures--of themselves--on clothes lines. Then they head to some rocks to urge you to 'dream away". What does it all mean, CMB?

I did my best with the Spanish verse in this song. I took French, so please pardon me if I'm saying something that is inane.

(Sidenote: the guy who sings the Spanish verse seems so uncomfortable in front of a camera. I feel so bad for him. He like...is always trying to be occupied...drawing a stick in the sand, mugging thoughtfully, leaning in this strange manner--see the guy on your left in the yellow shirt. Poor guy).

I think the thesis of the song is:
I won't leave my lady.
You can try and sway me away and lead me astray. But I won't leave my lady.

And that is my song analysis.

No comments:

Post a Comment